Overseeing security, governance, risk, and compliance (SGRC) manually - by using spreadsheets, for example - might be sufficient if SGRC is deemed only minimally or moderately important.
Yet, once your organization, irrespective of company size, recognizes the significance of a structured and continuous approach to SGRC, then it makes sense to automate those activities.
SRC consultants may assist you on multiple ends when it comes to finding solutions to questions regarding SGRC automation. Where to start with automation? Why automate at all? How to automate? What are the benefits of automation? And many more ...
Everything you need to know about SGRC Automation
Business automation (BA) is a term for the use of technology applications that perform repetitive or low-skill tasks, freeing up employees for higher value work. Business automation is well-suited for streamlining processes across just about every area of an organization including but not limited to marketing activities, human resources, sales processes, and finance & accounting. Subcategories of business automation include business process automation (BPA), robotic process automation (RPA) and AI-powered automation. The following types of business automation are the most prevalent:
- Basic automation: Basic automation takes simple, rudimentary tasks and automates them requiring little to no coding. Basic automation tools digitize repetitive tasks — helping to eliminate errors and accelerate the pace of transactional work. BPM and RPA are examples of basic automation.
- Process automation: Process automation manages business processes for uniformity and transparency. Often handled by dedicated software, process automation can increase productivity and efficiency — while also delivering valuable business insights.
- Advanced automation: Advanced automation brings together humans and machines to integrate multiple systems across the organization. Supporting more complex processes, advanced automation relies on unstructured data coupled with machine learning, particularly natural language processing.
- Intelligent automation: Driven by AI, intelligent automation means that machines can “learn” and make decisions based on situations they have encountered and analyzed. An example could be in customer service, where AI-powered virtual assistants can reduce costs while enabling smarter interactions between customers and human agents.
Irrespective of company size, automation is an excellent way to streamline operations and drive business growth. Automation tools are designed to replace human labor with machine labor so human resources can work elsewhere where needed.
The benefits of business automation are vast. Automated systems can work all the time, without any loss of accuracy or performance. When complicated workflows are automated from start to finish, the gains from automating each individual step are compounded through the full workflow.
When properly implemented, the business automation can make good decisions with accuracy and at scale in a matter of minutes or even seconds.
As IT organizations become bigger and more complex, SGRC automation makes greater sense. It provides a systematic, predictable and easy-to-manage environment for all SGRC issues. Spreadsheets can be used to manage SGRC activities and can be programmed to create a dashboard that displays important SGRC data. However, as companies wrestle with effectively managing an ever-growing number of SGRC issues, automation makes sense. An SGRC automation framework can handle many more transactions, and provide greater analysis of SGRC metrics and issue alerts when those metrics exceed normal performance boundaries.
SGRC systems pose vital cybersecurity tools. They can examine activities and responses, support post-event analyses, and ensure compliance with established performance metrics. This gives IT managers the ability to determine if their companies' operations are performing optimally, that risks are minimized and that compliance standards are being met.
There are many benefits for companies with a high degree of automation. The digital revolution, paired with a global pandemic, has transformed the world as we know it. Companies are increasingly going digital and turning to automation tools to reduce laborious tasks, speed up time to value, and stay ahead of the competition.
Among other benefits, you need automation to:
- Reduce time to value
- Strengthen your business strategy and offer a distinction
- Do more with less
- Achieve higher growth in your industry
- Have better revenue opportunities
- Improve data collection and analysis
SRC believes that success in automation requires more than just great technology. We collaborate with you on an end-to-end journey covering plenty of aspects including but not limited to the following:
- Documentation & Implementation
- Control Panels
- Technical Support
- Process Analysis
SRC experts go through the following stages carefully to make sure of the success of our implementation:
- Automation Opportunity Assessment
- Process Understanding
- Automation Support
- Automation Program Management
SRC brings the necessary knowledge and experience to support every stage of your automation journey. We work with leading partners across the automation system, pulling together the right technologies and services to create an integrated solution that works for your business.
Our automation methodology can help your organization map and accelerate your journey. We support the full spectrum of automation possibilities to ensure that you generate maximum value from your automation efforts.
Automation is only as good as the results achieved from it – whether that’s cost savings or other benefits, such as improved customer experience, lower error rates, or greater speed. We help you redesign your business processes to optimally combine people and technology so that your automation efforts fully meet your expectations.
Your guide to a holistic approach to safety.
A holistic digital approach
Learn more about how they effectively meet compliance and information security requirements